“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”
One of the most important elements of exercise is recovery. What we do on our “days off” can have a dramatic effect on results, so we want to maximize those activities that help you recover quickly and comfortably. That’s where our Massage Therapy staff enters the equation.
Matlacha Wellness Center offers massage therapy to fit any lifestyle or circumstances.
We have two Licensed Massage Therapists on staff and our massage therapists are well-versed in several different forms of massage:
- Swedish Massage Therapy: A therapeutic full-body treatment designed to promote relaxation, improve circulation, relieve muscle tension, and reduce stress.
- Deep Tissue Massage Therapy: Deep Tissue Massage is used to release chronic muscle tension and helps break up and eliminate scar tissue. This technique uses slow strokes, with more direct deep pressure to specific parts of the body.
- Myofascial Trigger Point Massage Therapy: Trigger Point Massage Therapy is specifically designed to alleviate the source of the pain through cycles of isolated pressure and release. There are several myofascial trigger points throughout the human body, and each one can act as a reservoir for stress. This form of therapy locates and eliminates that stress.
- Neuromuscular Therapy: Neuromuscular therapy is a program of recovery from acute and chronic pain syndromes by utilizing specific therapeutic, Swedish based massage therapy, to eliminate the causes of pain patterns. This approach brings about balance between the musculoskeletal system and the nervous system. It enhances the function of joints, muscles, and movement, and it releases endorphins, the body’s own natural pain killers.
- Fibromyalgia Massage Therapy: Swedish based massage using light massage strokes that soothe sore muscles, reduce pain, and improve sleep. Massage for fibromyalgia also often uses light stretching and other physical therapy techniques.
- Sports Massage: This special form of massage is typically used before, during, and after athletic events to prepare the athlete for peak performance, to drain away fatigue, to relieve swelling, to reduce muscle tension, to promote flexibility and to prevent injuries. Depending on the needs of the athlete, a variety of techniques are used including classic Swedish strokes, cross-fiber friction, pressure-point work, and joint mobilization.
- Cupping Enhanced Circulation Massage Therapy: Cupping involves placing glass, bamboo or plastic jars on the skin and creating a vacuum by suctioning out the air. The underlying tissue is raised, or sucked, partway into the cup. The purpose of cupping is to enhance circulation, help relieve pain, remove “heat” and pull out the toxins that linger in your body’s tissues.
- Ashiatsu: Ashiatsu massage is a deep tissue compression massage. Traditional deep tissue massage employs thumbs, fists, and elbows.They are often associated with discomfort and sometimes bruising. Ashiatsu massage with the foot feels like a giant hand. And the heel of the foot acts as a giant thumb. The long gravity-assisted strokes broaden and lengthen the muscle fibers. Stretching the tissues in two different directions improves and restores flexibility. Scar tissue and adhesions can form from past injuries, stress and over-use. These all respond well to Ashiatsu techniques.
We understand that everyone’s needs are different when it comes to massage therapy treatment. We have attentive, experienced therapists, who will work with you on providing the most beneficial treatment for your specific needs. Come in to Matlacha Wellness Center today and let our massage therapists help you rest, relax, and recover from life’s stresses.
- You can book your massage appointment below or by calling us at (239) 558-4146.