At Home Golf Exercises: Exercise #10
"If you worry about making bogeys, it makes the game that much more difficult. You put more pressure on yourself without even noticing it. It makes a difference to take it easy when things aren’t going right."Sergio Garcia
Twisting Chest Press
The twisting chest press is a great exercise to target the obliques while still getting some chest and shoulder work in.
- Anchor the exercise band at chest height.
- Step away from the anchor position to create a little bit of resistance.
- Position your feet in a 7 iron stance so your toes are facing directly opposite the anchor position.
- Bring your hands up so they are just below shoulder height with the exercise band over your forearm
- From the starting position bring the arm holding the exercise band back and twist your torso with it to get your arm as far back towards the anchor as possible.
- Then push the arm holding the exercise band forward while your opposite arm swings back, giving your torso maximum rotation.
- Make sure you are keeping your stomach tight and glutes engaged during the exercise.
- Perform 2 sets of 12 repetitions of this exercise on both sides.
View From Back
View From Front