Certified Massage Therapist
License number MA60667
Vonceil (Vonnie) Bixby has worked in the health and wellness field for 28 years.
Entering the wellness field as a group fitness instructor, she later became certified as a personal trainer via National Association of Sports Medicine (NASM) and then migrated into massage therapy body work.
Vonnie graduated with honors form the Florida Academy of Massage and Skin Care, Fort Myers, Florida in 2009. She has experience working with many different clientele; from children to the eldery, active individuals, atheletes, and those with chronic/postural dysfunctions, pre/post surgery and various injuries.
Vonnie’s motto is that “every massage is unique, because every body is different” and therefore each massage session is tailored to meet the needs of each and every individual. Vonnie’s approach aims at effectively relieving a client’s acute and chronic pain patterns to restore balance to the body and enabling it’s natural healing abilities.
Vonnie’s area of focus include (but are not limited to):
- Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy – Is used to relieve muscular pain and dysfunction through applied pressure to trigger points that commonly refer pain to other areas of the body.
- Ashiatsu – Is unlike any deep tissue massage that you have ever experienced The root word ‘ashi’ means ‘foot’ and ‘atsu’ means ‘pressure’; together they symbolize ‘foot pressure’ in a technique that delivers a consistent, deep, luxurious therapeutic massage.
- Deep Tissue – Easing in to deep palpation that helps with chronic muscular pain and injury rehabilitation; reduces inflammation-related pain caused by arthritis and tendinitis.
- Sports – is designed to enhance athletic performance and recovery.
- Swedish (relaxation) – a relaxing massage of long flowing strokes that calms the nervous system lowers blood pressure and increases blood flow.
Favorite Non-Work Activity:
Spend time with family and friends… Or just enjoy some solo beach time!
“Be the change you wish to see in the world”
About Matlacha Wellness Center
At The Matlacha Wellness Center, we take a natural and holistic approach to health.
It is our mission to teach you how to truly live a healthier and happier life.
We specialize in personal training, massage therapy, arthritis relief, post physical therapy rehabilitation, yoga, anti-inflammatory eating, natural pain management, mindfulness, mental health counseling, nutrition, and complete body health.
Most of our services are on a private or semi-private basis, taking away any feeling of intimidation or discomfort. That also allows for our clients to get the most out of their time here and maximize their results.
Keep reading for more information about our products and services, or click here to contact us directly.